New applications can eliminate manual processes, and improve responsiveness and quality. Application Development services support all stages of the application life cycle from requirements through design, test and implementation.
Our Business Analysts (BAs) partner with the Project Management Office (PMO) to:
- Develop relationships with our campus customers to assist in the project request process
- Facilitate meetings
- Document current processes
- Listen and understand a customer’s wants and needs
- Gather voice of the customer
- Identify functionality of a future system
- Document user requirements
- With the project team, research possible solutions and help determine the very best tool for the job, whether it be an existing UTHSC application, a third-party application, or an application custom developed by our staff
- Document vision of future process
- Be the liaison between the customer and the technical team
- Provide training to customers on new applications
- Support applications, post-implementation
Our Front-End Development Team is the division of ITS that is responsible for implementing the UTHSC design into any custom built applications and third-party solutions used on campus.
Some of our applications and tools are:
- implementing OU Campus templates
- administration of WordPress sites
- making sure UTHSC web templates are W3C standard-compliant
Our Back-End Development Team is responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining and supporting applications for the campus.
Our applications and tools range from:
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tools, such as our Banner (the student information system) and Nolij (the document management tool)
- Legacy applications (developed internally to meet specific needs).
- Third-Party Software packages that may utilize data from our systems of record (Banner and IRIS/SAP) or stand-alone.
A project request must be submitted by the requesting Faculty/Staff member using the Project Request Form.Documentation:
For more information, visit Systems Development.Request Support For This Service:
For support with this service, please contact the Help Desk by walking in, calling 448-2222, sending an email to email@example.com, or submitting a Footprints ticket (https://footprints.uthsc.edu).
This service and support are available to UTHSC faculty and staff during normal UTHSC business hours.
A Project Request Form must be completed by the requesting Faculty/Staff member. This request will then by vetted by the ITS Project Management Office. Projects are prioritized by ITS management. Following project kick-off, the Business Analyst will work with the project team to gather user requirements for the project. Once User Requirements are finalized, the development teams are brought into the project and technical development begins.
Service Locations: Chattanooga, Knoxville, Memphis
Service Status/Phase: Production