Backup and recovery is the service that allows customers to store their data away from their own servers and protect it in the case of an emergency loss. This data is then available to be restored in the case of such a loss, be it small, 1 or 2 files, or total, the loss of the system’s storage. ITS has been able to build an infrastructure to backup and protect customer data. This centralized environment allows for more cost-efficient solutions for our customers.
Provide a client to connect to the central backup servers and store the data.
- Perform an automated, scheduled backup of systems to ensure that data that has recently changed is protected. The standard schedule is once per day. We can also manually back up files at any time as needed. This can be useful just before software modifications and upgrades.
- Retain multiple versions of a file to allow for recovery of an older version. These older versions are kept for 30 days.
- Retain a file that has been deleted for 30 days.
- Allow restorations to be performed using the same client through which backups were made.
- Provide assistance to customers needing to recover data.
All servers/applications are backup automatically unless the ITS Computing Systems team is told otherwise.Documentation:
For more information, visit http://uthsc.edu/its/systems.php.Request Support For This Service:
For support with this service, please contact the Help Desk by walking in, calling (901) 448-2222, sending an email to email@example.com, or submitting a Footprints ticket (https://footprints.uthsc.edu).