About FileMaker Pro
FileMaker Pro is powerful software used to create custom apps and databases that work seamlessly across iPad, iPhone, Windows, Mac, and the web.
Build your own custom app to meet the unique – and changing – needs of your business processes. Or, for inspiration, explore the built-in Starter Solutions for managing contacts, inventory, content, and more.
Import existing data
Bring your existing data into FileMaker Pro, including .CSV, Tab, XML, ODBC, and Microsoft Excel files.
Customize with ease
Use flexible design tools to make your layouts look and work just the way you want — without extensive development experience or IT skills.
Get built-in reporting tools
Easy-to-use reporting and charting tools make it easy to make summary reports, colorful charts, and executive dashboards with a few clicks. Save your information in popular Excel and PDF formats.
Share with your team
Create custom apps that work together seamlessly across iPad, iPhone, Windows, Mac, and the web.
View FMP Availability & Compatibility updates.
Send an email to Helpdesk with the subject line FileMaker Pro Request and in the email body, please provide your computer name to get started. UTHSC’s volume licensing agreement requires that the application only be installed on UTHSC-owned computers.
Contact ITS if…
- The data is sensitive or contains HIPAA, FERPA, PHI, or PII
- You require data from another application, such as Banner or IRIS
- You would like to send data to another application, such as Banner or IRIS
- The database is complex or requires extensive reporting
- The data needs to be viewed or shared by someone outside your department or by more than 15 individuals
- You want a web front-end for data entry or reporting
- You are looking for a long-term, supported solution
Visit the UTHSC FileMaker Pro webpage for more information and offerings.
FileMaker Pro training is available through our Application Support Team, which offers face-to-face group and one-on-one sessions, as well as self-paced online training options. Contact Application Support to request and schedule training, or visit HR 128 Calendar to register for an upcoming class.Request Support For This Service:
For support with this service, please contact the Helpdesk by walking in (currently unavailable), calling 901.448.2222, or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This service is available to UTHSC faculty, staff, and students 24/7 except during planned periods of maintenance and scheduled updates.
Support is available during normal UTHSC business hours.
Security and Compliance policy requires all FileMaker Pro databases be:
* upgraded to the current version of the software to have access to the latest FMP features and maintain a high level of security.
* kept on the server in the UTHSC Data Center.
No Cost for faculty, staff, and students
SUPPORTED: Training available
SECURE: When databases are stored on the ITS FileMaker Server
POWERFUL: Powerful functionality, available 24/7 from anywhere
Additional benefits of storing your FMP database on the ITS FileMaker Server include:
* nightly backups performed by ITS
* central location
* enhanced physical security over data
Contact the Helpdesk@uthsc.edu for assistance with moving your databases to the ITS FileMaker Server.
UTHSC ITS provides FileMaker Pro licenses at no cost to faculty and staff.
Service Locations: All Locations
Service Status/Phase: Production