The UTHSC Data Center is an 1800+ square foot facility located in the 7th floor of the Lamar Alexander Bldg. In addition to being located in a physically secured site, all systems in the facility are provided with full environmental, electrical, and network resources. The Data Center is staffed with a dedicated technical team. Our staff provides enterprise-wide support, first-tier problem resolution, and off-hour support when required.
- Temperature and humidity controlled space provided by Data Aire Computer Room Air Conditioning units.
- Clean conditioned UPS power is provided for 100% of the equipment in the data centers.
- Generator backup in the data centers covers 100% of the equipment in that data center, tested once/month, allowing continuous up time during electrical disruptions
- Remote environmental monitoring of all data centers temperature/humidity sensing devices and management software (Johnson Controls).
- Server monitoring via Zabbix that is reactive as well as proactive (goal is to move towards being more proactive).
- D2D backup support and off-site storage of critical data at Azure.
To request this service, contact the Help Desk at 448-2222 or submit a Footprints ticket (https://footprints.uthsc.edu).Documentation:
For more information, visit http://uthsc.edu/its/systems.php.Request Support For This Service:
This service is available to UTHSC faculty, staff, and students (based on availability of resources) 24/7 except during planned periods of maintenance and scheduled updates. The current maintenance window is on Wednesday nights from 10:00 PM to 4:00 AM CST
Support is available during normal UTHSC business hours.
Service Locations: Memphis
Service Status/Phase: Production